We all know what are the 5 daily things we need to keep ourselves healthy. Whether we do it or not that is a different story.
We know we need to eat 5 vegs and 5 fruits daily to keep your health. Equally our mental health requires a lot of attention and we forget about our mental health.
Here I will tell you 5 steps that will keep your mind healthy if done daily.
These 5 step appeal is not something I’ve thought of and sharing without any research evidence but it is clinically proven. You can google or use any search engine you like to keep up with learning more about the 5 step approach towards good mental health.
1. Connect – This is very important, often these days due to increase in technology majority of people are sat behind computers and not building relationships. You need to stop this and get out more, get involved with community activities, improve on your relationship with family, friends, or make friends or someone special in life. This helps eliminate isolation. Isolation leads to many mental health problems.
2. Activate – We all want to be more active and build them muscles. This is a good target but you do not have to do that, do anything physical, gardening, running, or another physical activity, this helps you kill some of the ingredients which contribute towards more stress but you sweat it out.
3. Live in present – Do yoga or something, we are all to worried about what has happened in the past and what we are going to do in the future, but we forget about the present, there is so much to enjoy in the present but we don’t because our minds are occupied by worries, but we need to learn to enjoy little things, such as drinking water, eating, or even breathing. Once we concentrate on those you will feel the difference straight away.
4. Keep learning – Many of us stop learning and get comfortable in what we are doing and not develop any new skills or enhance on our knowledge. This then slowly has an impact on your brain and the brain starts to shut down. This is why it is important to keep on learning and keep your brain active.
5. Give – This does not have to be financially but can be giving your time, volunteering, or teaching others what you know. This help you with the sense of achievement and satisfaction. Everyone feels good knowing they have made a positive change to someone’s else lives. So this is a good way, if you can give money that can help a lot of people too.
On each topic there can be more details mentioned. You’ll find many ways to contact me, via facebook, youtube, twitter, instagram or here. I have another website http://www.sgbrand.co.uk, so you can contact me for more details.
If you have found this useful then comment via any of the above links. If you haven’t found it useful then comment and let me know.
Enjoy life and keep living 😉
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: